Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: interceptions and one forced fumble.

interceptions and one forced fumble. 2 months 6 days ago #4922

• liny195
  • Gold Boarder
The Chicago Bears came into the season believing they were ready to start returning the favor after taking their lumps in recent years.

The gut punch they absorbed in last week's primetime opener? That's one they didn't envision.

The Bears will be back under the lights again Sonny Milano Jersey , looking to pick themselves up against Russell Wilson and the Seattle Seahawks on Monday night in a matchup between teams that blew fourth-quarter leads last week.

With four straight last-place finishes in the NFC North but a surge in optimism following a busy offseason, the Bears seemed poised to knock off Green Bay at Lambeau Field, only to lose 24-23 to their rivals. Newcomer Khalil Mack led a dominant defense as the Bears built a 20-0 lead. But a hobbled Aaron Rodgers threw three touchdown passes in the second half to spoil Matt Nagy's debut as Chicago's coach.

"That kind of makes it tougher, too, because you know how much you put into it and how close you came," guard Kyle Long said. "It was in reach, well within reach. But at the end of the day, you've got to move on."

The same goes for Seattle Mike Ditka Jersey , a 27-24 loser at Denver last week. The Seahawks grabbed a four-point lead early in the fourth quarter, gave up a touchdown on the Broncos' next drive and gained 3 yards in their final three possessions.

"It was really an enormous missed opportunity for us to do something special and get that win," coach Pete Carroll said.

Here are some things to know as the Bears and Seahawks eye their first wins:

NEW ADDITION

Mack makes his first appearance at Soldier Field as a member of the Bears. And if he performs the way he did last week, Chicago will certainly take it.

The two-time All-Pro came through with a strip-sack that led to a turnover and a 27-yard interception return for a touchdown against backup quarterback DeShone Kizer. He also had pressure in the backfield on the play when Rodgers injured his left knee.

This will be the second game for Mack at Soldier Field. With the Raiders in October 2015, he sacked Jay Cutler on the final drive. But Robbie Gould kicked a 49-yard field goal in the closing seconds to give the Bears a 22-20 victory over the Raiders and their first win under former coach John Fox.

SAFETY VALVE

Doug Baldwin has been the player Wilson has looked to for help in key situations throughout their careers together. Baldwin is expected to miss at least a couple of weeks after suffering an MCL injury in his right knee in the opener. Wilson must find another go-to option in the passing game.

It could be veteran Brandon Marshall, who caught three passes including a touchdown in the opener . It could be Tyler Lockett, who also had a touchdown catch against the Broncos. Or it could be rookie tight end Will Dissly, who had three catches for 105 yards and a touchdown in the opener.

"It's hard to tackle a guy that weighs 270 pounds running down the field. Big catches too Mike White Jersey , good tough catches," Carroll said of Dissly. "He showed us that he's got really good hands."

BEHIND CENTER

Bears quarterback Mitchell Trubisky had a shaky opener.

The No. 2 overall draft pick last year, he missed a throw on a fade pattern to a wide-open Allen Robinson in the end zone and was too quick to scramble rather than stay in the pocket at times. He also couldn't move the Bears past midfield, let alone into field goal range, in the closing minutes after Green Bay scored the go-ahead touchdown.

Trubisky finished 23 of 35 for 171 yards and a 77.2 passer rating.

SACK ATTACK

Seattle gave up six sacks in the opener, but at least half of those could be blamed on Wilson not trusting his protection and running into trouble. It made for a challenging game to assess the performance of an offensive line that has regularly been an issue the past few seasons.

Carroll said he was mostly pleased with the protections, but knows the challenge doesn't get any easier going from Denver's pass rush led by Von Miller to Chicago's rush now led by Mack.

SECOND IMPRESSION

Nagy acknowledged he needs to improve on his first game as a head coach. He second-guessed his own play calls, most notably two ill-advised screen passes Authentic Alexander Wennberg Jersey , and acknowledged he is still growing into the role. Nagy replaced the fired Fox after spending a decade working under Andy Reid in Philadelphia and Kansas City.

"I wasn't in my exact rhythm that I could have been in," he said. "There's different reasons for that. For me, I just feel like that's my job. I've got to do that. I've got to be better."

The San Francisco 49ers traded right tackle Trent Brown on Friday to the New England Patriots a day after drafting Mike McGlinchey as his replacement in the first round.

The 49ers dealt Brown and the 143rd overall pick to New England for the 95th overall pick.

Brown is coming off season-ending shoulder surgery that has sidelined him for the start of the offseason program. But when healthy, he is considered one of the top pass blockers in the league at right tackle.

The Patriots also used a first-round pick on Georgia's Isaiah Wynn on Thursday night as they try to shore up their blocking in front of quarterback Tom Brady.

The 49ers weren't ready to commit to Brown after this season when he will be eligible to be a free agent and chose his replacement instead in the draft.

San Francisco took McGlinchey ninth overall out of Notre Dame to step in immediately as starting right tackle and possibly transition to the left side in the future. Joe Staley holds down that spot for now and is under contract for two more years.

"I was picked by the 49ers to compete and play football and that's what I'm going to do," McGlinchey said. "I'm not the one in charge of shaping the roster. I'm not the one in charge of making those kinds of decisions. They brought me here to play offensive line and that's what I'm going to do, whether it's as a first-year starter or riding the bench for a little while."

The 49ers also announced they signed safety Jaquiski Tartt to a two-year extension through 2020. Tartt is one of only nine draft picks remaining on the team selected by former general manager Trent Baalke.

Tartt was a second-round pick in 2015 and has played in 39 games with 23 starts in his career. He has 181 tackles, nine passes defensed, 3陆 sacks L. P. Ladouceur Jersey , two interceptions and one forced fumble.

Tartt is projected as San Francisco's starting strong safety and the 49ers opted against taking Derwin James in the first round Thursday night in part because of their belief in Tartt.

"Since we arrived last year, Jaquiski has impressed us with his play, his work ethic and the kind of teammate he is," general manager John Lynch said. "We believe he's a natural fit in our defensive system, and his abilities will allow him to flourish. It is always exciting when we are able to extend our own young players like Jaquiski who are dedicated to their craft, this team and our community."

Philadelphia Eagles Jerseys
The administrator has disabled public write access.